What is the best compact loader/ skid steer.?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by integrityman, Sep 9, 2010.

1. integrityman

integrityman LawnSite Bronze Member

OK guys- need some advise here.

What make and models do you like the best? Boxer, Bobcat, Toro-dingo, Prowler???

Looking for something with capability to take a larger bucket, take a 36" auger, till, etc.

Would prefer diesel... but gas ok too...I guess.... needs some feedback what engine do you like best?

Would also like something with a good dump height too.

2. fl-landscapes

fl-landscapes LawnSite Silver Member

dump height will always be an issue with a mini. I bought a boxer 425d this year. This company sells inventory off at a big discount. Great company to work with. One of my tracks had a tear from shipping and they sent a tech out asap and replaced no questions asked http://www.cpecdirect.com/inventoryreduction

3. turfed

turfed LawnSite Member
    from MI

I don't own one, but the local rental place has an Vermeer. I wish i knew the model. Gets the material into my 1 ton dump easily. I did some research on them a while back and it has more lifting capacity at a higher height than the dingo. Not sure about any of the others.

4. integrityman

integrityman LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks guys- I'm currently running a Kubota sub compact tractor....and would like something with a lot more versatility. I love my K-bo but id like it to dig bigger post holes, have tree forks, blah blah blah....

5. Oasis-Outdoor

Oasis-Outdoor LawnSite Member

Integrityman,

If you use the search feature on here there is a thread somewhere that has tons of information about mini skids. I don't have time to search right now or I would post the link. If I find it again in the near future I will post the link. It has reviews, pictures and performance evaluations, and is an excellent resource.

6. DIXIECONTRACTING

DIXIECONTRACTING LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Toro Dingo by far might have slightly less cap. than Bobcat but is the easiest to opperate and holds up well. I have had my tx425 for four years and no problems at all. A real moneymaker !!!

7. DIXIECONTRACTING

DIXIECONTRACTING LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

I also have a split bucket listed for sale that helps with your dump height it will increase your height by about 8" - 12"

8. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

Sk 650= king of the midget skids
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. YardGal

YardGal LawnSite Member

Or...free is good too. I'm just saying...:)

10. SDLandscapes VT

SDLandscapes VT LawnSite Senior Member

Agree SK 650 from Ditch Witch King of the Mini-Skids