What is the best compact tractor?

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by dmc456, Oct 6, 2005.

1. dmc456

dmc456 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm looking for a compact tractor for next year. I would like it to use it for the following:

3-point hitched power seeder
    3-point hitched aerator
    box grader
    harley rake
    front end loader
    bush hog
    etc...

I don't want something huge, but something I can use on small to medium jobs.

Any suggests on what to look at?

2. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

Kubota b series is what you want, keeping in mind you need some HP @ the pto to run a slice seeder/power seeder.

3. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

There are a lot of good ones out there like John Deere, New Holland, Kubota, Massey Ferguson/Agco/Challenger, and a couple lower priced one's that are also good are Kioti and Branson.

4. Dstosh

Dstosh LawnSite Senior Member

Kubota L-Series. Dont waste your time with the B Series.

5. Planet Landscaping

Planet Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Kubota L 3830, Final answer. :waving:

6. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

Travis followell, straighten this guy out about kubota b series would you. Thankx, Scott.

7. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

I wouldn't say your wasting your time with the B series. With the larger models having 4 cylinder engines I would think a B series would be just fine for what he's planning on doing with it.

8. LawnScenes

LawnScenes LawnSite Member

I'd recommend a John Deere 3120 with the 300CX loader...

I purchased a JD 3120 in April of this year with the EHydro, 300CX loader, and 47 backhoe and have been completely satisfied with the tractor. From pulling a box blade, 60" core aerator, 5' bush hog, over seeder, 6' power rake, to anything else. The tractor has more than handled the task. The only thing it hardly touches is my 6' landscape rake, roller, and 4 'tiller that I use on my Kubota B7500. It's exceeded my expectation in most case regarding power. In fact, I plan on purchasing a larger 4120 with a 400CX loader in the spring of 2006 just to add a larger compact powerhouse to my lineup.