what is the Best hedge trimmer

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by guven, May 15, 2006.

1. guven

guven LawnSite Member

I was wondering what kind of hedge trimmer are you guys using. I should buy I redmax trimmer with pole pruner trimmer attachment andhedge trimmer attachment with it. is anyone use any of them
    thanks

2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Don't know if Echo SHC-261 with articulating head is best but it awfully good. We have two of them and like them a lot. It is still a true 2 cycle engine with carb adjustments and that is an advantage.

3. cdjohnson7

cdjohnson7 LawnSite Member

I have a husqvarna hedger it works pretty good (can cut 1 inch thick) it is true 2 stroke.

4. guven

guven LawnSite Member

thanks , do you think husky string trimmer which I have one 123L but I want to buy commercial one , husky trimmer with hedge trimmer attachment is good way to go? what do you think
    thanks

5. cdjohnson7

I try to buy all the same manfacture as this reduces the amount of fuel mixing (I have all husqvarnas so I mix it by 5 gallon can). I have used alot of different equipment and have stuck with Husqvarna as it has performed very well.

6. cdjohnson7

Also I have tried the attachement thing once. Didn't like it I would rather use individual equipment

7. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

I have the Redmax split-boom system. Only complaint is that the hedge trimming attachment does not articlate as far as Echo or other brands. I would have a dedicated piece of equipment first, then purchase the multi-tool power head from which ever manufacturer you choose.

James

8. Neil M

Neil M LawnSite Member

I purchased a kawasaki KHT600d, it has a handle that rotates for more comfort. I like it, it seems to cut good.