What is the best leaf blower on the market today?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Blaster822, Sep 10, 2003.

1. Blaster822

Blaster822 LawnSite Member

?

Thank you :rolleyes:

2. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

If you have the money Red Max is the most powerful and haven't heard any complaints about them yet. I'm sure there are a couple of people out there that have their stories about them. I also like Stihl (quite a few complaints though), Husky (no complaints), Kawasaki (no complaints), Echo (lots of complaints). You may want to do a search on blowers. I'm sure you'll find a lot of info. on them here. Heck, I used a Homelite backpack blower for almost 6 years 'til it finally quit on me this season. Not bad for a $99 buy. I know a lot of guys consider that scab equipment, but you have to do what's in your budget. I use a Stihl now, but miss my old Homelite now and again.

3. GLAN

GLAN Banned

Was at my dealer this morning.

The Echo 750 blows more air than the Redmax 7001. I didn't have much of a chance to talk to the mechanics about it.

Didn't want to take up to much of their time seeing how I got taken care of very well for the reason I went..........:D

4. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

wheel blower Little Wonder is tops..

5. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Yeup little wonder.

6. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

redmax has done me fine. love em

7. pinnacle

pinnacle LawnSite Senior Member

Shindiawa EB 650...........Great Blower.........Not sure about "best"

8. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

I've used Stihl, Echo, Shin, and a few more, my new Redmax smokes them all. 7001 Baby!! Light, comfy, and power power power.

9. Buba

Buba LawnSite Member
    from PA

The Red Max EB7001 blows more than the Echo 650, not by much but it does blow more. It is also a full 3 lbs lighter weight with a much much larger air filter. 3 lbs adds up in the coarse of a day. Red Max builds the Schindiawa 650 moldel, good unit. Do yourself a favor and ask a dealer to gas up a Red Max and demo it.

10. pinnacle

pinnacle LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry I'm guna get a little off topic here.

Whats the deal with Redmax and Shiny both making pretty much the same machines?
    Does any one know the story here?

Shiny owns redmax? or Vise-Versa?
    Is it like the JD GD thing?

We aint got Redmax down here.....so??