What is the best means for advertising and expanding

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Green Masters, Feb 23, 2005.

1. Green Masters

Green Masters LawnSite Member

I currently take care of about 12 accounts. I am looking to expand this year to about 20 or so. I have tried the door to door method and have seen pretty good success. What are some other good means of advertising?

2. coonman

coonman LawnSite Senior Member

If you are talking residentials, you can't do any better than the door hangers. Lots of reasons, but the main advantage is that anytime you receive a call for a bid, it is going to be located in an area where you want to work. Plus they are a cheap form of advertising. We just bought 1000 for $86. If we sign up just one full time customer out of that we would have spent $86 for $1000 dollars in revenue for the year. We tend to get 2-3 customers per hundred. I would just keep walking neighborhoods. Good luck.

3. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

word of mouth, hands down, is the best form of advertisement.

4. Green Masters

Thanks for the input it seems to be helpful. where are the best places to order door hangers?

5. The landscaper

The landscaper LawnSite Senior Member

When you say door to door...are you talking to each person or just passing out flyers?

I would suggest talking to each if that is not what you are already doing.

Network with your current customers. Tell them you want to expand and they will be happy to find you other work as long as you do a good job for them.

6. Green Masters

I have been talking to them personally if they are at home. I will try to leave a flyer in there mail box if they are not home.

7. coonman

Go with the door hangers over the flyers. Much faster to distribute because you can obviously hang them without rubber bands etc. Plus they look much more professional. Any local printing shop should be able to help you.

8. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Did you have them done on-line? If so, where?

9. coonman

We get ours done at a local printer. About $40 for 500.