1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

What is the best mower for the money ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bmurrell, Aug 22, 2005.

1. bmurrell

bmurrell LawnSite Member

I am a dc fan but what really is the best mower for the money?

2. splatz100

splatz100 LawnSite Senior Member

you can get a 60 Lesco for like 5999, but Ive never used one. Gravelys are nice and lower than exmark and hustler. I have had/still have a 34z, 144z, and a 152z

Now I have Hustler and they are nice mowers, but not the cheapest

3. dixiedemon

dixiedemon LawnSite Member
    from ky

u know what the best mower is for your money

4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Probably the best bang for the buck in this industry right now is the Bad Boy mowers.

5. MBDiagMan

MBDiagMan LawnSite Senior Member

If you had asked which was the best mower, I would not have commented at all because there are just too many brands and all are debatably good. Since you said "for the money," however, I believe it is Bad Boy. You can get a 60" air cooled for about $5,500 and it is a well built unit.

I have just gone through several weeks of shopping, demoing and studying and that was my conclusion. I will again make it clear, I am not saying the Bad Boy is the best, I just personally believe it is the most mower for the money.

All that said, even though you are talking about the most for the money, it still is debatable, because what do you want the most OF? Do you want the best cut, the longest lasting, the best handling?

My $0.02,
    Doc

6. bmurrell

bmurrell LawnSite Member

I Know The Kind Of Work An Xmark Does Dont Think I Want To Go That Way ! And Yea Dixiedemon I Know!

7. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

John Deere - Hands down - Pay more but you get way more not only in quality, but service and trade-in.

8. Fubba

Fubba LawnSite Senior Member

Exmark's have debatedly the best cut of any commercial ZTR out there. I don't know what you would happen to be talking about. I guess the off brand Xmark.

9. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

lately i have been hereing alot about bad boy but i don't know of any dealers in my area

10. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

Why dont you want to go with exmark they give one of the best cuts on the market IMO so why dont you tell me why you dont want to go with them whats the problem with them.......PLEASE EXPLAIN