What is the best mower???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tiedeman, Feb 2, 2003.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I want to hear from you guys what you think is the best mower on the market today and also why you think it is the best?

2. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

You might want to do a search on this topic.

3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I have done and tried different mowers, I was just curious what everybody else thought. The good and bad about the types of mowers out there

4. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

i've only been doing this for about 4 years but i'll swear by Scag. My '94 gear drive 48" 14hp Kawi is unstoppable-still starts on the second pull, and my '01 Tiger 25hp kohler 61"advantage spanks the grasshoppers and exmarks my buddies have. Shaft drive to the blades is the only big design difference that i know of between scag and exmark.

250 hrs so far on the tiger and nothing other than scheduled maintenance-its still pretty young, i guess, but my buddy's exmark is ripping thru drive belts, the wheel motors wont warm up in cooler weather-making it hard to get on and off the trailer-and its an '02 with fewer hrs than mine.

to be fair the exmark is a 72" liquid cooled so its a little heavier, but shouldn't that be accounted for in the design. I seem to be the only scag guy here though-maybe you guys know something i don't...

5. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

Well I have a scag w/b I don't think its the best.I think the new hustler super w/b will be stuff.As far as ztrs go--theres things I like on several different ones,I'll probably end up with a super z.:)

6. Husker1982

Husker1982 LawnSite Senior Member

Take a guess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. wmsland

wmsland LawnSite Member
    from NE OHIO

The best mower is the mower that works best for you. Personally Bunton mowers have always worked the best for me.

8. Jim Feder

Jim Feder LawnSite Member

scag or scag or that one orange mower:p

9. Husker1982

Husker1982 LawnSite Senior Member

Would that third one be an Ariens? lol

10. danny m.

danny m. LawnSite Member

dixie chopper dixie chopper dixie chopper!!!:blob3: :blob3: