What is the best Stihl weedeater/trimmer?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Linder'sLawnCare, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Linder'sLawnCare

Linder'sLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Jw which is best with performance and value. I have heard of pros using 80r and loving them. My dealer tried to talk me into a 90r with its hard to understand 4-stroke with mixed gas;) Please let me know and don't say just search it.:hammerhead: If I wanted to do that I would!

2. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

So your to lazy and would rather have someone else do it for you? You answered your own question. Go for the 80r, maybe you'll love it too! :)

3. ALC-GregH

from PA

for the record, there isn't one that is best, it's only personal preference.

4. Linder'sLawnCare

Are you just saying that or do you use the 80r?

5. ALC-GregH

from PA

I use Echo but if the majority says they "love" the 80r then you can't go wrong. Right?

6. ALC-GregH

from PA

I'd stay away from the 4 mix trimmers. Even though I have a BR600, I think the trimmers take much more of a beating and a proven 2 stroke engine will be hard to beat.

7. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

I use Stihl FS250R's, their 40cc engine's weight 13.1 ounces, their not for the novice or one whom wants a "light" weedeater so I hAVE HEARD OR BEEN TOLD:rolleyes: for us their not heavy, before the FS250R's I have tried Shindy, Redmax weedeaters, and blew them ALL UP!!!!. Even tried the Stihl 4mix FS130R did not last long for us. I am giving the Stihl 4Mix another chance, but it's ONLY with one unit a new Stihl FC100 Edger.

Really their is no perfect "size" handheld, it's what you need, want to spend, and have the balls & experience to run wide open throttle to get the job done quick.

Stihl handhelds Shindy blowers here ALWAYS

8. michaelee2

michaelee2 LawnSite Member

I have a 90R and really like it. Motor is strong and I have been using it since 07 and runs like new.

9. Linder'sLawnCare

Michaelee What is the upkeep on your 90R? The guy that posted above you apparently had bad taste with the four mix.

10. michaelee2

michaelee2 LawnSite Member

I have done nothing to mine but put gas in it and trim. I run 93 octane and synthetic amsoil or stihl synthetic. Spray some sea foam in it every once in awhile. If I was going to buy another trimmer today it would more than likely be a 90R or 130R. I would like to try out a 250R though.