1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What is the best style of Lawnmower to use?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Black95gt, Sep 2, 2004.

1. Black95gt

Black95gt LawnSite Member

I am new to the business and i am just going to use a 21" push mower and a Husky lawn tractor with a 54" deck to start out with. I know i cant go very fast with either, which brings me to if i get enough accounts and want to upgrade to a fast mower like a ZTR and a walk/stand behind, what is the best kind to get and how much money am i looking at spending?

To me it looks like the ZTR's do a good job in a fast amount of time but i think they are very pricy?

I see people hauling ass on the mowers that you stand behind and have a very nice turn radius (zero?) But i only have seen them doing grass that is kinda burnt and not looking very good and along roads and that sort of jobs.

Does anybody have any opinions or suggestions to what i should get? Im looking to get the best value mower for my money without having to spend 3 months profits on one. Thanks everyone.