What is the best trac vac system

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bdemir, Mar 29, 2000.

1. bdemir

bdemir LawnSite Senior Member

Today i saw a trac vac type of syatem that has a dumper that the user doesnt have to even get up to dump the thing and would like to find out what model ar brand you use and what are the benefits to it.<p>Thanks for your inputs.

2. bdemir

just trying to get a response

3. I just use a Wright mfg. metal bagger.<p>How do you plan on dumping the clippings into the back of your truck when needed?

4. yardsmith

yardsmith LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

i prefer the trac vac for the bobcat, scag, & exmark ZTR's. They use a 45 gal. Rubbermaid trash can, & you can easily buy extras in the store to reload on the jobsite. No driving up into the truck or trailer or a sack like the Walker. Best of all, you get to keep the 61&quot; cut while bagging!<p>----------<br>Smitty ô¿ô<br>

5. bdemir

lawrence i realize now that i will have to use a tarp so i guess the trac vac will suffice. I just think that a simple bagger system will not hold enough leaves for a normal cleanup job.

6. bdemir wrote:<p>&gt;I just think that a simple bagger system will not hold enough leaves for a normal cleanup job. <p>A jumbo grass gobbler with the leaf extension<br>holds 9 cubic feet.<p>http://www.wrightmfg.com/

7. Retro67

Retro67 Banned

The small Grassgobbler weighs in at over 20 lbs. so the jumbo with the extension is even heavier. Better eat your Wheaties.<p>John

8. Retrograde wrote:<p>&gt;The small Grassgobbler weighs in at over 20 lbs. so the jumbo with the extension is even heavier. <p>And how much more will it weight when filled w/leaves? BTW you dump both parts separately.

9. paddy

paddy LawnSite Member

i saw an aluminum bagger like the grass gobler. i don't remember how much. i think they had a 4 ??? size.

10. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Yardsmith, Have you found a suitable bag to insert into the rubbermaid can? I tried the el-cheapo and the bag wouldn't hold up.<p>Homer