What is the best trimmer rack?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Green Industry Pro, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Green Industry Pro

Green Industry Pro LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Tyler Texas

I know this topic has probably been beaten to death, but after looking through the forums, I've had an inconclusive array of opinions. Some people say Green Touch Extreme's are the best, some say they're worthless. People give the same mixed responses to pretty much every other brand aswell. I guess I'd like this to be the official thread for Racks because I want to settle the debate. What do you guys use?? Would you recommend them?? What do you think is the best?? Is it just better to make your own?? I'd prefer opinions from people who actually have used the racks firsthand, and not people just speculating. Thanks!

P.S. Pictures welcomed!:usflag:

2. kennc38

kennc38 LawnSite Senior Member

I use Trimmer Trap and love it. It keeps everything in place and my equipment doesn't move around inside the rack. It's also very easy to get equipment in and out of them as well as only needing one lock to lock everything up. I found mine on Craigslist so I got a pretty good deal on them.

3. TNGrassCutter

TNGrassCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

Just get the extreme racks and thank me later. I had some cheap ones from Lowes for about two months before I scrapped them and got the extremes. I have a 3 place trimmer rack, BP blower rack, and BP sprayer rack. I have looked at others and didn't like any better than extremes.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. scotts lawn care

scotts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member

I also use the trimmer trap racks, they have worked well for me.

5. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I have TrimmerTrap too. My trimmers don't spin around in the rack.

6. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

3 sets of trimmer traps, and 3 blower racks, one set is 10 years old and still used daily
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. TheChiefsLawnCare

TheChiefsLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

go to trimmerracks.com i believe it is. its the extreme ones. i second what the other guy said about getting them and thanking later. i have a blower, water cooler and 4 place trimmer rack. stuff will not roll around, pretty much impossible to steal (it would take cutting the shaft on the rack). and u only use one lock unlike trimmer trap if im not mistaken you use a different lock per trimmer slot. idk how the prices compare but thats what i would go with

8. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

extreme - simply the best I have seen, I love mine and will continue to purchase their racks in the future. The only thing of theirs that I have been slightly disappointed in is the pole saw adapter as it is not as well thought out as the rest of the racks.

9. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

After thinking about this I think there are 2 best racks.

If security is what you're after then the Extreme is the one you want. It has it's shortcomings though, especially if you don't get the optional engine supports.

If you only need enough security to keep opportunistic thieves at bay, then the TrimmerTrap is the best. TrimmerTrap does a very good job of holding your trimmers without snapping the heads off, the trimmers don't spin around in the rack, they're more affordable than the Extreme and you don't have to add weight to your trimmers to use the TrimmerTrap.

10. aaron79mowing

aaron79mowing LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Trimmer trap without a doubt. Although it can be hard on trimmer grips of certain brands. It will tear a junk echo grip up in no time, while my shindiawa and red max trimmers work perfectly in it.