What is the best trimmer rack?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Green Industry Pro, Jul 19, 2012.

1. kennc38

kennc38 LawnSite Senior Member

I agree Richard, I have had a TT for about 3 years now and haven't had one issue with it and I bought mine used. It takes me literally 2 seconds to get my trimmer out of the rack. I'm sorry but I honestly don't see a "time savings" being a legitmate argument with the TT versus the Extreme.

2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

It doesn't sound like you had a TrimmerTrap rack. TrimmerTraps are spring loaded so the only way this might happen is if the spring is gone and you hit a big enough bump to lift the retaining bar up. If the spring is in place then what you describe is impossible with a TrimmerTrap rack. The lifting handle also has a positive lock on it, which is also spring loaded, which would also have to be broken for a trimmer to fall out on a huge bump.

In other words, both springs would have to be broken, the locking knob pulled out and the rack to be turned upside down for a trimmer to fall out. It ain't happening. Can you post a picture of the rack that you had? Did it look like this one?

[​IMG]

3. aaron79mowing

aaron79mowing LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

You aren't making any sense to me. I've had a trimmer trap for many years and have used it thousands of times on thousands of lawns and driven hundreds of thousands of miles and I have never had a trimmer even come close to falling out. It would be impossible for this to happen due to the design of the rack. Also I don't see how anyone could remove or replace a trimmer any faster. It truly only takes 2 seconds to do. My only complaint is that the rack it very hard on foam (echo) type grips. Rubber grips work great in them with no problems what so ever.

4. Ready to Mow

Ready to Mow LawnSite Bronze Member

Can you use these with the PAS echo styles, or can they just unhook the shaft in the middle and take the trimmer, edger or whatever attachment off?