What Is The Best Way To Get New Accounts?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by mwells7, Jan 17, 2008.

1. mwells7

mwells7 LawnSite Member

i was just wondering what was the best way to get new residential accounts. share some of your strategies if you don't mind. thanx

2. davis45

davis45 LawnSite Senior Member

The best results I have got personally are ad's in local newspapers. I put one in my town's paper and the county paper and ran them for a couple months.

I'm trying to send out flyers now, sending about 3-4000.

3. WALKER LANDSCAPE

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

Mailings, Flyers, Door Knocking, Word of mouth from satisfied customers.

4. Dave_005

Dave_005 LawnSite Senior Member

Door to Door, Flyers and word of mouth

5. mwells7

mwells7 LawnSite Member

thanks for the replys but this flyer thing is just not working for me. ive printed up atleast 2,000 flyers and placed them in this one particular community and still no response> is there a particular approach. again tahnks for the response:usflag::usflag::usflag:

6. BMurray

BMurray LawnSite Member

Do you prefer doorhangers or flyers? Or is a combination of both combined with door to door and business cards the way to go?

Brian

7. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

IMO id say a combo of all would be best. but doorhangers at the least.

8. BMurray

BMurray LawnSite Member

Really? I thought doorhangers would be the best. So lets say I have $500 for advertising, would you suggest I spend almost all on flyers and then buy about 1000-2000 business cards? You would suggest spending about $300 of that budget on 1000 doorhangers?, but instead use that 300 for flyers?

Brian

9. Raven386

from CT

well, go to Vistaprint.com check out what they offer. just sign up and you will get offers sent to your email. I got

1500 Premium Glossy Business Cards
    100 Small Business Magnets
    150 Return Address Labels
    100 Postcards Front & Back (glossy)
    1 Note Pad (100 sheets)
    50 Note Cards
    50 sticky notes
    50 large magnets
    1 Rubber Stamp

all for 20.63 shipped!

10. Raven386

from CT

anyways. If you want to save money, get doorhanger bags, then print your flyer,fold and put them in the bag. not as professional as printed door hangers. but they still work. I would say doorhangers would be best, business cards are a must. I really dont see a use for flyers, unless your hanging them at stores, 7-11, quick stop,etc. theres endless possibilities when it comes to advertising. what will work for others might not work for you. some people already might have 3 other lawn service doorhangers on their door.