What is the best way to remove leaves?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by allstar, Aug 29, 2003.

1. allstar

allstar LawnSite Senior Member

What is the quickest and most efficient way to remove leaves and pinestraw during the fall and winter months?Do you just bag them with your mower,or blow 'em into a pile or what?Is there special equipment made just for this purpose?Also,once you pick 'em up how do dispose of them?I know some of you guys have rigged up leaf boxes on your trailers.
    I'm just starting out in this business and,since the growing season is coming to an end,need to try and generate income during the off-season and possibly pick up some customers for the spring.Thanks.

2. GLAN

GLAN Banned

There is a thread on this from last week

3. Grasshog

Grasshog LawnSite Senior Member

Cut the tree down, one time service.

4. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

Damit grasshog. I was goin to say a Chain Saw. Stole my thunder.:D

I was once asked by an old couple how to slow down palms from dropping fronds and seeds. I suggested a chain saw at the base of the tree. I thought they were going to die with laughter. At least they got the joke!

5. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

For me......mulch leaves, vacumn with mower, then use debris loader to load them into the grain truck.

On smaller, gated lawns it's just as quick to load onto tarps and haul to front yard to debris loader.

6. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

7. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

kerosene + a pack of matches

:D

i use a BP blower and a barrel blower and shoot them into the woods on the property. (all mine have adjoining woods that permits this operation of course)

8. Ground Master

Ground Master LawnSite Senior Member

i hear a thermo-nuclear device works pretty good, but you may not have many other customers for awhile.......so bid high

9. mower_babe

mower_babe LawnSite Senior Member

10. dougmartin2003

dougmartin2003 LawnSite Senior Member

hire 2 mexicans, give them 2 rakes and 2 bags and sit back with a 6 pack and supervise