What is the Best?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by mr.we.mow.grass, Jan 6, 2006.

1. mr.we.mow.grass

mr.we.mow.grass LawnSite Member

I would like to know what is the best 21 or 22 inch push mower? Thanks

2. Ol'time Lawncare

Ol'time Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

honda, snapper!!!

3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Those are two good units. The honda is a little hard to handle when not going in straight lines, but an excellant bagger. We use both but mainly Snapper for trim mowers.

4. cwlawley

cwlawley LawnSite Senior Member

Honda's are great. Alittle expensive though.

5. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

you'll get a bunch of different answers on what's the "best" Th best mower is one that doesn't break down much and is realtively easy to get parts for when it does.

6. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

You will definitely get a bunch of different opinions on this one. I may have a different rule when it comes to 21"er's. Some folks will spend around 1k or so on a good commercial 21". I on the other hand will use a decent homeowners machine for this. This is one of the only areas that I will use HO Mower. I use it so little, and when it dies it dies I replace it. Again JMO. Oh my 21"s are Troy-bilt.

7. G.M.Landscaping

G.M.Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I use Toro's proline 2 cycle commercial 21's. Trinity makes a good point thou. I bought this back in the day when I had smaller lawns and one W/B. Now it's used very seldom per week. $950 is alot to spend on something used so rarely.

8. jd6323

jd6323 LawnSite Member

I agree on the Toro push mowers. I've used mine for the past two years doing 5 yards the first year and about 8 the second and it still runs great. Should be nice not to have to use it as my primary mower now that I'm finally getting some real equipment.