what is the biggest badest CTL out of the lot?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by apples017, Sep 1, 2007.

1. apples017

apples017 LawnSite Member

Out of all the bobcat, case, gehl, asv etc etc. Who makes the most powerful compact track loader at the moment?

Who has the most break out force?
    Who has the most pushing power?
    and etc etc etc.

For digging in hard clay soils, really hard clay soils.

Some machines I can think of are. Posi track rc-100 and sr-80, bobcat t-300 these being the top models of those brands.

Peter
    Australia

2. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

I'm not so sure........but I think I am falling in love with the new Kitty-CAT 297C. I like the new cab design, no exposed cylinders.....time will be the judge on this one. Gehl has a little machine (7810) that has some growl behind it. I am sure someone will throw numbers at you here shortly........

3. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

The Takeuchi TL150 is a big machine.
    My TL140 equals about everything out there in hyd power.
    I am one of the few people who actually has maxed his machine out weight wise on purpose.LOL

I agree.It is a nice machine.

4. Tigerotor77W

Tigerotor77W LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Germany

Breakout force and pushing power both go to Deere (CT332).

5. AWJ Services

from Ga

Takeuchi rates theres at drawbar pull.

The Tl 140 11244
    TL 150 13066
    JD 332 11500 tractive effort

I do not understand JD's way of ratiing there breakout.
    They rate the boom at 6650 and the bucket at 11,600 pounds.
    Does that mean the boom will only lift 6650 pounds?

The 322 I demoed had a bucket breakout force almost equal too my TL 140 and it no where near the real world power that my TL 140 does.

If you go watch the videos on ASV"s website they actually out pull all machines.

We have very hard red clay soil here.
    That is my machines primary job.
    Bucket teeth only last me around 300 hours.
    We go long periods without rain and have very hot summers.
    The ground gets rock hard.
    My machine does the job but the TL150 is a much better choice.

6. apples017

apples017 LawnSite Member

I just had a look at the videos on the mbtractor website about the ASV Posi-Track SR-80. The videos look real convincing, seems to be better over mud and up hills than any of them.

The john deere website has some video comparisons but not against the SR-80.

Are there any other videos that I can download showing CTL performance?

7. RockSet N' Grade

Apples017........regardless of the machine you get, I would modify the standard straight edge on the bucket right off the bat to give you what you need - and that is "cutting power". Either add teeth or a rezloh edge and that will make a world of difference......no hop, skip and jump like the straight edge does......Another easy way to get "specs" is go to the Case Equipment site, click on skid steers, and then they have a tab where you can enter 3 other models and will give a side by side comparison of specs........KSSS showed me that one.........by the way, where is KSSS.........oh yea, "shopping" with his wife I am sure :)

8. AWJ Services

from Ga

Digging that hard Clay is different than pushing loose dirt.

No dealer in there right mind here would send a skid out on a demo without a tooth bucket.
    It is strange seeing other guys(here on lawnsite) demoing these machines with a smooth bucket.
    The soil conditions must be very different from here.

9. Grass Happens

Grass Happens LawnSite Senior Member

back before the housing boom stole alot of our good soil, we had 8-10" of nice, rich black soil. Now, not so much, but its not nearly as bad as the clay crud you southerners get to deal with.

10. RockSet N' Grade

AWJ........most skids around here have smooth edge, alot of the contractors don't even know what a rezloh edge is and/or they don't even add a tooth on their buckets, let alone multiple teeth. We still have, for the most part here in the valley, dark rich farm ground. Even on the benches though I see most skids without teeth..........I get asked all the time about teeth.........