What is the cheapest pond you have ever built?

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by tinman, May 31, 2005.

1. tinman

tinman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ga

What is the cheapest pond you have ever built? SImplest design, elements, etc.

2. leadarrows

leadarrows LawnSite Senior Member
    from N/A

I know this is not what you meant and I'M sorry but I can't resist.
    We just finished ...well it still gets more plants, this pond and so far the total cost has been $624.94. We got the tank for fifty used. The liner we got from Just Liners for $150.00 The rest of the cost was for a pump, plants, gravel and fish.

Yes it's a redneck pond but it's still fun to have and the fish love it. LOL

Kspond.jpg

3. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

You should have sank that puppy and it wouldn't be such an eyesore :)

Or stick it over a fire and have a redneck hottub.

4. leadarrows

from N/A

You wont even be able to see it when my wife gets done planting around it. It's just one part of a two acre wild life area my wife is having fun with. This pond is at one end of the butterfly section. I'll post some more pictures of it later this summer and we will see if you think it is an eye sore then. Not that I give a HOOT. LOL
    If it makes my wife happy it's the dammm nicest pond in the world. :)

The man did say cheapest. LMFAO.

OH shizz I just figured out you meant dig a hole for it. LOL Heck if I dig a hole who needs the tank.
    You need to see this old farm we live on to appreciate just how much this thing fits in with the over all look of the place.

5. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

6. MImowerkid

MImowerkid LawnSite Member

7. dzs1945

dzs1945 LawnSite Member

First one. $75 for 175 gal ss tank. $70 for pump. $7 for barrel . $5 for bottom drain. $10 for 2 bulkhead fittings. $5 bucks for filter at garage sale. $20 for misc. some 2 in valves I had laying around. fish seem to like it. swimn against the current that is designed to help fish poop go to shower drain and on to settling tank. daniel . once the bugs are out plan to put it to better place. its amazing how much learn from putting one together yourself.

second water feature.JPG

8. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

That's how much I charged. Materials were around $800 and labor was about $1700. We did it in a day and a half.

9. leadarrows

from N/A

UpDate on eyesore pond. :p

Pond and Garden 008.jpg

10. leadarrows

from N/A

We have about a grand in this with the new pump and plants. The fish love it and my wife loves it so I'm happy. The only thing is now my wife is hooked on ponds and wants a real one. More work for poor old Lead. :help: LOL

Pond and Garden 034.jpg