What is the cheapest solution for a homemade striper

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jordanfan20, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Jordanfan20

Jordanfan20 LawnSite Member

Exactly as above what is my cheapest option for a striper kit for a 52 inch commercial walk behind

2. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

Run a search on striping kits on this site. You will find more information then you can handle. Cheapest, most expensive, its all about how much you want to put into your business for best results. The chain striper attachment is very common, hardware and such can run pretty nominal, but depending on the types of chains you use, it can get costly.

3. TSG

TSG LawnSite Senior Member

Tractor trailor Mud flaps are the cheapest, because they are usually free

4. Jordanfan20

Jordanfan20 LawnSite Member

Do they give mud flaps out somewhere for free

5. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

Convey belting is good as you can get a peice the full width of a deck. A piece 5 " wide and the width of your deck. Let 2" hang below the deck and bolt to the back edge of deck.

6. PearceLawn

PearceLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have used both the mud flap and chain variety and unfortunately have had zero luck.

Must be doing someting wrong somewhere.

Good luck with yours!!

7. bobcat175

bobcat175 LawnSite Senior Member

If the deck is setup right it should stripe fine on its own....my 48" Bobcat hydro WB gave great stripes without a kit.

If you have to add something then the roller or flap is the way to go....be careful setting up the height if you hit something with the roller...

8. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Cheapest solution is to do absolutely nothing...99.99% of your customers don't have a clue what striping is or where it comes from and the others that do don't like it...they would rather have just one solid color in their yard. :laugh:

9. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

lol true. My 61" mower doesnt stripe and id rather it did but oh well. I have a kit on my 48" ferris ztr mower that i just got and i like the way the lawns look better but i get what i feel, more people asking why it looks like, "i just drove around" on small lawns, because you really cant do nice long lines on some properties. I should tell them to buy more property:hammerhead: