What is the correct way to Stripe Lawns ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fatboy5803, May 5, 2003.

1. fatboy5803

fatboy5803 LawnSite Senior Member

I've tried to stripe St. Augustine grass and nothing like the Pics I see on this site. Could some one explain exactly how you stripe Lawns ??? :confused: Thanks...

Lou :cool:

2. yourlawnguy

yourlawnguy LawnSite Member

:( Sorry Lou, St. Augustine doesn't stripe. You can howver get a light stripe on a healthy Bahai lawn.

3. fatboy5803

fatboy5803 LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks " yourlawnguy ", When I tried to stripe I do get sorta a stripe, you definitely see the tire marks, don't look too bad... Nice straight lines, don't last long though.. Thanks again...

Lou :cool:

4. yardman1

yardman1 LawnSite Senior Member

We don't get the oppurtunity to stripe very good down here in the south. The grass blades are just to wide, especially centipede and st aug., bermuda does ok. The only grass that I get to stripe is my own lawn, because it is rye and it is slowly dying, because of the heat.:cry: :cry: :cry:

5. Lawn Cops

Lawn Cops LawnSite Member

burmuda does ok here...but zoysia does great. Forget trying the St. aug. it will not.

6. battags

battags LawnSite Senior Member

You might try using a proslide. I've heard nothing by rave reviews for the stripes they lay. I have no idea if anything at all will work on St. Augustine. Being from up north I've only cut that stuff once.