What is the earliest you guys go out and pass out flyiers(like moring wise)

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by hillibilly, Mar 11, 2006.

1. hillibilly

hillibilly LawnSite Member

I was planning on going door to door today, but the weather is supposed to get bad late this afternoon. So I was wondering when should I leave to pass out flyiers. Before lunch, at lunch, or after lunch. What is the earliest I can go without making someone mad? From experience I am sure some can tell me. Share some stories while you at it too.

2. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

As long as it is after 8AM and NOT a Sunday and NOT AFTER 6PM anyday of the week (except Sunday of course). NO door hangers on Sunday. Remember that....

3. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Why not Sunday?

4. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

Sunday is not a day people want to be disturbed. But while typing this I am thinking that Sunday would actually be a GOOD idea as most everyone is relaxing and looking at their lawn. It is that time that people think to themselves that maybe the yard could look better but have no real motivation to do it themselves. They would most likely be in the frame of mind to discuss yard care but thinking it is Sunday that no one is around a LCO to talk to anyone. By Monday they have other thoughts on their mind so a LCO could lose out.

Good call! SUNDAY is probably the BEST day to go out and network!!!

5. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

OK...well from the original post I just figured he was going to pass some hangers out, not knock on doors.

Weekends in general are good for this sort of thing, especially a nice warm day.

And so what if someone's mad...they weren't going to sign up with you anyway. You're going to annoy people here and there, nothing to get worked up over.

6. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm just getting into lawn care this spring (Expanding) but I have delivered flyers and I think weekends are the worst days. I hire ppl to delivery my flyers but I still drive them around supplying them with flyers, I tell them to cut across lawns unless they see the home owner right there. Saves a lot of time but on the weekend there are ppl everywhere.

7. Killswitch

Killswitch LawnSite Senior Member

Saturdays and Sundays are the best days.....especially with a warm spell like weve had albeit minor.

Nobody goes to Church anymore.

8. Killswitch

Killswitch LawnSite Senior Member

Youd never catch me cuttin across to save time. Thats bull

9. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger LawnSite Bronze Member

I guess all that paper boy practice you had??

Save time and MONEY!!!!! about double the amount of flyers your guys can get out for the same money. Two thirds of the cost of flyers is delivery so this is important but if you're just delivering your flyers yourself well.. I guess the more exercise the better:dizzy:

10. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

because killswitch knows that how you treat their property, and present yourself is part of the sales process....