what is the going rate for curb side leaf cleanup

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by extremerc76, Nov 18, 2010.

1. extremerc76

extremerc76 LawnSite Member
    from NJ

i do two curbside leaf cleanups a year, where the customer blows their leaves to the curb and i come by with my vac system and remove them. i really don't know what a fair rate is for this, i usually give an estimate of me doing the entire clean up. how does everyone else charge for this ? im guessing by the cubic yard? what do you all get a cu yd of leaves removed from the curb?

im in northern NJ if that helps
    thanks for any help kevin

2. FLAhaulboy

FLAhaulboy LawnSite Senior Member

I'd charge my regular hourly rate to load+hauling it to the landfill+tipping fee.

3. WorldsStrongestLandscaper

WorldsStrongestLandscaper LawnSite Member

75 for 10-20 mins 100 for 20-30 mins 30-40 125 and so on. Most guys charge 100 so just say 90$ and "I'll do it tonight when the sun goes down" and 99% of the time u'll get the job! Just make sure ur box is big enough to handle the entire load plus so u don't have to go empty!!! BIG STEVE B CT STRENGTH WSL
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

i charge my hourly rate to suck them and add in time to dump/drive and then a dump fee

5. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

Thats exactly how i did it untill i sold my loader to Stihl guy.

6. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

its been working great...a lot better with a full size truck as well

7. GrassIsGreenerLawnCare

GrassIsGreenerLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

We dont have a leaf loader, so the big yards that need removal that we cant haul out by truck/trailer we end up having to pay our buddy $100-120 a yard. This is for an acre yard of leaf pile average. I dont know if this is a good price or not, but it works for us when we need the extra help, and we just charge the customer extra, so it doesnt come out of our profit either! lol

8. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

great, it is a good running machine.

9. CTmower

CTmower LawnSite Senior Member
    from CT

I started off the fall season telling myself I was going to make a killing charging $50 for curbside leaf removal. My town recently did away with curbside pickup this season so I figured I'd make a killing with my new 18hp Billy Goat Loader. After my first two pickups of the year I soon learned $50 would now be my bare minimum for the smallest of piles. While the 18hp Billy Goat does a decent job it is by no means the Cummins Diesel machine I was use to using with my previous employer. Its hard to say what my average pile is but ive been getting $75-90 for those and about 100-125 for a huge pile. I consider a huge pile one that fills up my entire truck and that takes alot. But if a huge pile takes me 30-40 minutes to suck up plus 10 minutes to drive it to the dump and I get $125 for that pile then I consider that a good profit. Then theres the piles that have been sitting there for weeks and are so tightly packed that it takes you hours to remove and your kicking yourself in the ass the entire time!!!! Its definitely been a learning year for me but ive learned $50 for a tiny pile, $60-90 for your average pile, and $100+ for your ohhhhh **** thats a big pile!!

10. WorldsStrongestLandscaper

WorldsStrongestLandscaper LawnSite Member

I got 200 for 2 small and 1 huge pile last night. Pine needles and wet leaves 2x4's and a phone. I was still pissed cuz one of the small 2x4's stopped the motor dead. 20 hp Giant vac too. I thought the crank was a gonner but after cutting it out with my small chainsaw. It fired right up! My 16 hp wouldve blew up! Couldve killed this dude! But its a potential 15,000$ snow plowing customer at a very happening plaza! Good advertisement! BIG STEVE B CT STRENGTH WSL
    Posted via Mobile Device