What is the going rate for weed control on large properties ?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Turf Dancer, Sep 6, 2003.

1. Turf Dancer

Turf Dancer LawnSite Senior Member

What is the going rate $ for weed control on large properties ? OK I will be more specific ! How much per foot on weed control on a year round contract on larger commercial properties? This will include a pre-emergent and continual spraying as the year go's on ! This will include lawn areas. shrub areas and bed areas. How to bid it ?
    Here are the three properties

1. 29,500 ft lawn area and about 10,000 ft shrub and bed areas

2. 39,800 ft lawn area and about 10,000 ft shrub and bed areas

3. 75,000 ft lawn area and about 15,000 ft bed areas

How much should a person bid per sq. ft bed areas ? Lawn areas ?
    Average per square ft. ? ? ?

2. Um, I think it largely depends on the products you plan on using and how much time it will take to perform the treatments.

I don't work in flower beds or in landscaping, but I can speak intelligently on the lawn area.

If I was to spray weed control only, I would charge about $1.50 per 1000/sq.ft. Plus my stop fee of $25.00. I wave my stop fee for treatments over $75.00.

I base my price on my cost of the product (about $.50/1000 sq.ft), and the amount of time it takes to treat the lawn.

I hope this information helps.

3. slader

slader LawnSite Member

Well I would charge about 7.5 per thousand. The bed areas If they are a pain to do I would charge about 10 to 12.5.

4. BRL

BRL LawnSite Bronze Member

I believe industry average from trade rag articles & posts here seems to be in the $5.00 - $7.00 per thousand sq. ft. range? I haven't seen the beds discussed, but since they are more difficult than wide open lawns, figure that should be some more money.