What is the "going rate" per acre?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by llama, Apr 23, 2003.

1. llama

llama LawnSite Member

I have the opportunity to bid a commercial job. The is 3 sections with about 4.5, 1, 0.5 acres for a total of 6 acres. There is approximately 40 total trees. The first time the customer wants the fences weedeated (about 1500') then they will round-up the fence line. They want it mowed every 2 weeks.

So, on what price/acre should i base my quote? The ground is very level and the fence is only on the outside edge of 2 sections.

Thank you for the input.
  2. proscapeINC

proscapeINC LawnSite Member

I see alot of people on this site asking the going rate for an acre or so many square ft. I was always taught TIME is money !!! If you figure what a man hr is worth covering your overhead then apply that to the job you are a winner. An acre at one property could vary from one job to the next. For instance an acre of grass that is a wide open field will take much less time to mow than an acre of manicured property with beds lots of trimming and edging.Or another instance if you bag which we do here,can the machine get to where the truck is or do you have to lug barrels for 400'. Time is money get a good bottom line figure out what your time is worth and learn to estimate a job by time you will be a winner every time .