What is the least amount?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Blades of Steel, Apr 25, 2004.

1. Blades of Steel

Blades of Steel LawnSite Senior Member

What is the least amount you would charge per pallet for sod installation. I have 11 pallets of palasades zoysia to lay and want to give them the best price possible. Each skid will cost me $137.00 with free delivery. Very little to no soil prep since there is no grass there now.

Let me know you thoughts. I have done a search on this and digging throuhg all the other crap gets time consuming.

Tim

2. Lawn Cops

Lawn Cops LawnSite Member

50 sq yrd pallets? How much prep/soil work?

3. Blades of Steel

yep 450sqft or 50yds....... Little to no prep, the back yard is very steap and will be un able to get the pallets situated so they will have to be manually moved in wheel barrows. Not too mention 9 of those 11 are in the back yard..

Tim

4. iluvbermuda

iluvbermuda LawnSite Member
    from S/E TN

Considering each pallet is 500 sq. ft. of grass--I would charge at least $300 per pallet for laying the grass. This is for a total of $3300. But--with the backyard being so steep and so much trouble moving the sod around I would make the total $3600. I would ultimately be adding an extra $300 for moving the sod so much.

5. matthew horner

matthew horner LawnSite Senior Member

how long does it generally take a 2 man crew to lay a pallet?

6. Blades of Steel

I've been told around 1 hour per pallet per man. But with the hauling of the sod down the hill by WB I would have to say it will take much longer than that.

I am sending her the quote today. I was in the same ball park with the sod cast at 137.00 a pallet and adding 300 for installation. Every body I know charges 450 a pallet so my 437.00 is close enough....

Tim

7. googleplex

googleplex LawnSite Member

If "Every body I know charges 450 a pallet" then why would you charge any less - especially with all the extra hefting involved???