what is the lightest 36" w/b

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by zmowingmaster, Nov 11, 2004.

1. zmowingmaster

zmowingmaster LawnSite Member

hello all,
    i've searched a number of websites regarding the weight of w/b mowers,
    i have a ford ranger and pulling less weight would mean accelerating faster.
    so which one do you think has the lightest weight ,but keeping productivity on a high level, i am looking to add a 36" fixed deck gear drive.
    is bob-cat a good choice so far, if not what is a better alternative.
    thanks.

2. LHSlawnman86

LHSlawnman86 LawnSite Member
    from ohio

try the quick 36. its web link is at the top of the lawnsite homepage

3. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

I think you are attacking it from the wrong end. If you already have a 52 you are pulling, the difference in weight between the heaviest and lightest 36 can't be more than 100#. So very little savings.

Worry about reliability, quality of cut, cost to own, ease of use. Weight makes little or no difference if these other things stink.

4. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

You need to get a 36" stander to match that 52" model you have. Or a 36" velke mower. It looks so much nicer when all your mowers are from the same company. (I know mine aren't, but I am waiting for the new 32" stander in the spring)

Weight should not really be a factor. Since the weight difference is so small.

5. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

Get the Bob-Cat!!! I have demoed all the rest and Bob-Cat is truly far superior to all other brands. They have the best quality of cut, striping and they are built like tanks!!!! My Bob-Cat is a 48" belt drive with a 15 HP Kawasaki engine, I love it. It has 200 hrs. on it with no problems at all!!! I also have the Grass Gobbler catcher for it and it works great!!!

6. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

My Exmark Metro weighs 451 pounds.

7. googles

googles LawnSite Senior Member

scag has great suction power

8. lafrance4078

lafrance4078 LawnSite Member

I have heard a lot of great things about the Quick 36 plus, it is a hydro, great price, and they say that it is a great deal lighter than similar types. Just goto the web site.