What Is The Longest You Ever Held Onto A Customer?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TONTAGE, Jun 22, 2008.

1. TONTAGE

TONTAGE LawnSite Member
    from CT

im a newbie here and find this site very very helpful.just wondered how long you might have had the same customer for cutting? ill start....... have had a few about 10 years now.

2. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

14 yrs. I moved to this area with my wife in spring of 1995, I started with 40 clients that year, and still have about 15 of them. Many have moved, died, or just fallen away, but still, to have 15 of them still is pretty good I think, and not one of them is family.

3. TONTAGE

TONTAGE LawnSite Member
    from CT

wow,thats great!! i used to cut 4 sisters all within 1 mile of each other,3 used to live right across the street from one another.well,3 have sinced passed away and i have one of the sister's left.very sad when that happens.the only good thing that came out of that is i was lucky enough to pick up 1 of my clients who ended up purchasing the house one of the sister's lived in.

4. greenred

greenred LawnSite Senior Member
    from IL

There is a little old lady who's grass I have been taking care of for about 11 years now. Even though I am not in the biz anymore I still take care of her lawn, we are like family now. She just spent a spell in the hospital for heart problems and now she calls me every day to let me know everything is ok. She has no family left in town. Only family she has lives in France. She insists on paying me even though I have done everything I can to get her to not too with out insulting her pride. Of course she lives in what is now the ghetto, so I worry about her day and night. Ironically I worry about making her lawn look to nice because the dirt bags all around her will may get the idea she has money and break into her home or assault her while she is outside working on her lawn. In the last 4 years there have been 4 shootings with in a block of her house - 2 right next too and in front of her home. f_ucking scum. :angry:

5. MJS

MJS LawnSite Bronze Member

Still have several of my first year customers from about 7-8 years ago. Haven't lost a customer in a long long time (I fired a couple though lol).

6. milkie62

milkie62 LawnSite Senior Member

I had customer for 28 years.The husband was a banker and she was a homemaker.Started in 1972 and ended in 2000.I was even a pallbearer at both funerals.

7. milkie62

Funny thing was I was treated like gold by the whole family while they were alive and well.As soon as they both died,I was basically forgotten.

8. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

24 years and counting.

9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I have a few originals that have been with me for around 20 some odd years, now.

10. milkie62

My next oldest is 21 years and still going strong.She just retired.