What is the minimum you are charging for aeration this year?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by david shumaker, Jun 21, 2009.

1. Plug It Lawn Aeration

Plug It Lawn Aeration LawnSite Member

I just purchased one this week. I haven't used it yet. (waiting for Fall season) I did, however perform a hands on demo of the unit. Night and Day in comparison with every other unit I've used. I have a Pluggr 800 and wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

2. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

We have clay soil around here in MN, and every time I pull plugs in the fall and leave them lay, they never last long, break down pretty quickly - esp. if you mow once or twice after plugging, chops them right up.

3. QuadRacer041

QuadRacer041 LawnSite Senior Member

When is the best time to do aerations?

4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Hell yeah same here!

Oh I have a Classen TA-26 Walk behind solid axle work horse.
    With that I knock out a full acre in 90 minutes and I can do two of those side by side in one fell swoop.

Takes practice :p

Last edited: Jul 15, 2009
  5. david shumaker

david shumaker LawnSite Senior Member

I start at the end of August and continue through Oct. If overseeding, I try to get seed in by middle of Oct.

6. richonsa

richonsa LawnSite Member
    from georgia

This is not a tag.

7. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

You can subscribe to a thread without comments. In the bar above the first comment on the page is a "thread options" menu that allows you to "subscribe".

8. Mike Custom

Mike Custom LawnSite Member

I use a 28" ryan lawnaire and charge an average of 400 dollars per core aeration. These are 20-25k sq ft properties and i normally dont aerate without seeding and fertilizer/insect control. So that brings my average take on a plugging around the golden coast of Connecticut to be around 750-800 dollars. Sometimes I can bang out 3 in a day but they'd be a little under average size.

As for raking up the plugs, DONT. The nutrients in the plugs are an excellent natural fertilizer and its foolish to take them out.

9. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I would scream if I had to use a small walk behind aerator. Aeravator all the way ... cores, what's a core!? :rolleyes:

10. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

Your failing at your job to effectively communicate/educate these customers on the importance of leaving the plugs where they fall. I with little effort have never failed in convincing customers to leave the plugs where they are. Their are live grass plants in allot of those plugs and a good amount will survive to thicken the lawn. Removing the plugs is essentially taking their lawn and top soil and throwing it away let alone the microbes in those plugs that will melt into the thatch and assist in composting and breaking it down. They need to be told why "they" do not want you to do this.