What is the minimum you are charging for aeration this year?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by david shumaker, Jun 21, 2009.

1. jimmyzlc

jimmyzlc LawnSite Senior Member

I charge $300 a yard for core aereation and slit seeding in my area for avg. yard and up from there. When I core the yard i always drag the yard to break up the cores after I overseed then fertilize 3 times after that for maximum growth. I try and do them all in a 2-3 day span to max my profits.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2009
  2. dvog

dvog LawnSite Member

I would sell my business and pump gas at a local gas station before i raked up one plug from anyones yard.

3. Mike Custom

Mike Custom LawnSite Member

If the customer's willing to pay enough, ill rake 'em up and eat the damn things.

Never say no to money, fellas.

4. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

Things that bad in CT.?

5. sven1277

sven1277 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 3 point aerator for the tractor. It is definitely easier than using a walk behind. I charge 3x the mowing price. It's a good add on service for me.

6. Stingray63

Stingray63 LawnSite Member

The only way to do that is charge the customer for your time to rake the plugs up and figure in a dump fee as well. Plus add another 30 to 40 bucks to make the trip to your local compost recycling yard. If you have multiple customers lined up for the day than it would be worth your time to offer that added service.

Stingray

7. Stingray63

exactly!!!

8. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

you totaly missed the point

9. Stingray63

I couldn't agree with you more! Believe me, I educate my
    customers everyday on the benefits of leaving the plugs where they fall. But, I still have some customers who insist on me raking the plugs up as well. What can a guy do??

10. Stingray63

I will usually head for an hourly figure on that service. Like 35 dollars per man hour, plus a dump fee figured in as well.