What is the minimum you charge for small job?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TimberlandGrounds, Jul 31, 2003.

1. TimberlandGrounds

TimberlandGrounds LawnSite Member

What is the minimum you charge for a small job? I am bidding on a commercial job that has several locations, but each location is probably only 15 minutes of work. Any thoughts, thanks.

2. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

25-30$ minimun

3. scott's turf

scott's turf LawnSite Senior Member
    from NH

$25 if it is on the way to another job at least $30 otherwise.

4. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

The least per cut i charge is 40.00. when you pay your Fed, SS and State tax. You need to charge more that someone that wont report there income to the IRS.

5. Fvstringpicker

Fvstringpicker LawnSite Fanatic

I'd view it a package deal, i.e. the total time spent at the first location until you finish the last location including travel time. Factor out the time spent at any unrelated stop inbetweez. Once you know the total time for all locations, you can go from there.

6. drobson

drobson LawnSite Member

$25 minimum charge, but I agree with Fv. If it's one customer you should package it together and give them one price. Unless of course they want certain locations done more frequently or if they want separate invoices per location for tax reporting purposes. But either way, make sure you calculate your travel time in, because if they are not close to each other you will need to do more traveling than you normally would because you probably wouldn't take customers in locations that are not within close proximity to each other.

7. The Lawn Boy Pro

The Lawn Boy Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

30 bucks. I do stuff in our township only so the drive isnt too far.

8. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

$35...can't see the cents in cranking up a 5 or 10 thousand dollar machine for less.

9. A1 Grass

A1 Grass LawnSite Senior Member

Usually $30, but for a set of properties like that probably $35 each min.

10. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

Basically a min. for my company to show up, does not matter how small, is $35.00. If the job happens to be weekly and is next to multiple other accounts it is $25.00