What is the most powerful Z...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ztrguy, Jul 25, 2006.

1. ztrguy

ztrguy LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE FL

What is the most powerful ZTR on the market? We know the RedMax 8000 blows everyone away in the backpack blower market. SO, what ZTR mower has the most power? I want something that will mow 6 inches of wet thick grass in one clean sweeeeeeep! Does it exist? Who has the most powerful Z?

2. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I think Dixie makes a monster of a Ztr. But I can't remember the engine(s) size. They have a 35.5 and a 54 hp listed. I think they have one with two engines, not sure. I'd rather have Audrey's 35 hp Scag though.

3. Audrey

Audrey LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa.

Ohhhhh...... I'd like to give that a shot! :)

35hp Vanguard 61" Deck Scag Tiger here...

A

4. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Probably the DC twin or their diesel.

Wish other mfgs would follow suit.

5. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

don't know the specs of the machine, but the dixie would win probably hands down. JMO

Why do you need to cut such high grass? Sounds like the lawn needs cutting more often if it grows that high,,, or is this question just for $hits and gigles?

6. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

As for the most powerful dixie chopper with the twin moters but scag with the 35 van wins hands down,dixie has a rocket moter also.

7. coyotekid

coyotekid LawnSite Member

Nobody is going to say the Hustler or Ferris with the CAT diesel?

That's what I'd go for, personally. A 35 HP or greater gas has to burn LOTS OF FUEL!

8. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Your right, anything above a 35 hp gas powered mower wouldn't be practical unless they could get it to be reasonable on fuel. If your lawns that high you need a tractor. We were just answering his question.

9. ztrguy

ztrguy LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE FL

I've seen the DC work in this area and you guys are right....they have some power! I have the 28hp EFI Toro and I'm needing something with even more power. No more double cutting. Just one swipe and keep on truckin! It's raining so much here that our every week customers are growing like crazy!!! It's taking double the time....we're way behind...and I need the ultimate machine that will blaze right through a thick wet lawn. There was a crazy difference between the 23hp exmark to the new 28hp efi toro. Can't wait to get the new 50hp mower with GPS. All I have to do then is show up for work!

10. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member