What is the most stupid thing one of your employees ever done

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by J&R, Feb 26, 2003.

1. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

I had one cut down Monkey Grass he thought it was weeds and in the wrong yard.

2. Andrew S

Andrew S LawnSite Member

had a new employee brush cut a electric fence,snap the cord as well.My foreman told him that I was going to be really p#%*ed off
    so he grabbed both ends and tried to tie the two live wires together.....boy did he get a jolt

the thing that got me was he was shown all the obstacles and the electric fence was a good 15 inchs above where he was mean't to be brushcutting

thanks Andrew

ps:my foreman did try to stop him from tieing both ends of the electric fence but the guy did'nt listen

3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

He showed up.;)

4. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

Left a mower in the back yard of a client after along hot day. Got almost a block away before he noticed. Wait I am solo, that was me :dizzy:

5. SR Landscaping

SR Landscaping LawnSite Member
    from NJ

I had a guy put the blades on upside down! OK an honest mistake. But to cut the whole Damn lawn like that was pretty stupid!
    "Oh Boss, I think one of the blades is bent"!:D

6. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

To do an entire tree removal of the wrong tree! We had both meet with the property owner and put some flagging around the tree to be removed and he still did the wrong tree.

Gravely_Man

7. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

One guy put the new Shindaiwa back pack blower on the rack, but didn't put the pin in. The blower ($400)fell off between jobs. Next I had a guy start the mower up and the key didn't spring back. The starter($230) burned up in a few minutes. He said that the mower was making a funny noise, but keep it running anyway. Shooting grass clippings in all the wrong places- I could write a novel on this topic!

8. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Oh man, I had a couple of winners throughout the years. Just to name a couple. Had a guy that cut a whole commercial account with a flat tire. He scalped the WHOLE lawn. The customer called me up screaming! When I approached the worker he says "yeah, I thought it was pulling to the right a little". Had another guy suck up a door mat with the mower. Another cut a whole lawn with the blades off. The same guy cut the wrong house. the list goes on! :mad:

9. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

Had a helper not show up for 3 days and then came back and acted like nothing happened, needless to say he was fired!

10. Powerstride

Powerstride LawnSite Member

Any of you guys ever see the E-mail knocking women drivers with the picture of the gal driving the BMW down the road with the gas pump & 4 feet of hose hanging out?

Try a F350:blush:

Yep, mind was somewhere else that day. Cop was nice though. Was'nt ever going to tell anyone, but broke down cause it was just too funny and told the wife. Needless to say I'm kinda famous now.......:blush: