what is the most you spent on a single mower new or used?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by South Florida Lawns, Jun 18, 2005.

1. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

I just saw my buddies JD 997, It only set him back $13,500, the thing is a beast makes my 2 44'' Z-Master's look tiny. Have any of you out there invested in some serious mowing equipment, and if so what brand and price paid?

2. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

I don't know if this counts, but back in the 80's when I was running a golf course, it was not unusual to spend 25k for a Hustler 4000 with wing decks (12' cut) or about 30k for a Jacobsen fairway mower.

3. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

The most I've spent to date, is about $240 for a new 21 WB. I know its not the best, but, its much better than nothing. next I'm looking at an older front deck rider.

4. A+ Lawncare

A+ Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

and i bet that $240 was for a crapsmen mower.... :rolleyes:

5. Gene $immons

Gene $immons LawnSite Bronze Member

$6500.00 50" Dixie Chopper

6. A+ Lawncare

A+ Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

$7,500 for the bobcat 61'' prederator pro... bought that @ a steal 2... it lists for $9-10k

7. brinlee lawn

brinlee lawn LawnSite Senior Member

6999.99 for dixie chopper 60in.

8. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

$14,200 for a 272z

9. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I see your only 17 years old so I will let you in on a secret but don't tell anyone else. Big ticket items such as cars, boats, commercial mowers never sell at MSRP (list) price. I have found that you can get 15 - 20% off from dealers for commercial mowers. So if your mower MSRP (manufacturer suggested retail price) was listed as $9,000 then $9,000 * .80 = $7,200 for your mower. So I am not sure how much of a steal you got.

The .80 means 80% since I am suggesting the dealer would knock off 20% of the MSRP. MSRP is some made up number by the manufacturer so dealers can say see how much I am saving you off of MSRP when the dealer is still making plenty of money for their overhead,profit,etc.

10. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Back in '01 $2,332.00 with tax for an eXmark metro.