Lawn Care Forum banner

What is the norm???

4K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  poolboy 
#1 ·
Is it the norm for a pressure washing contractor to provide his/her own water for a job or just hook-up to the customers water??

#4 ·
Company,s who,s main business is pressure washing bring their own water and are twice as expensive. Take your pick.
Actually most Pros DO NOT bring thier own water to jobs unless there is no access at the site. Too much wear and tear on vehicle and fuel cost. Most of us have the ability to bring water but normally run around with an almost empty tank. My tanks are simply buffers between the low volume water source and my High Volume Machine so as not to run machine dry.

Oh, and I am 3 times as expensive as most. :dancing:

#5 ·
Actually most Pros DO NOT bring thier own water to jobs unless there is no access at the site. Too much wear and tear on vehicle and fuel cost. Most of us have the ability to bring water but normally run around with an almost empty tank. My tanks are simply buffers between the low volume water source and my High Volume Machine so as not to run machine dry.

I'm with you :)

The urban legends that surround what we do for a living are astounding.

#6 ·

Not an urban legend in my neck of the woods. They will NOT hook up to a well to pressure wash here. Its in the contract. Its also not an extra charge for them to bring water so many people ask for them to bring it. Not urban legend, maybe area specific. But thanks for dig.

#7 ·
we work in all areas, some places we are required to bring water from an offsite source, this is normal in the Northern areas we service like New Jersey, New York and some Pennsylvania. While in most areas from the south (where I am from) we just hook on site to a water source.

#9 ·
For residential pressure washing it is common practice to hook to a homeowner's water supply. When explained to a homeowner the math is simple. 1000 gallons of water = $5. For me to carry 1000 gallons of water to jobsite factoring in wear and tear, extra fuel, liability risk: $150+
Again it must be area specific. Here they will not hook up to anyone with a well and they dont charge more to bring the water. So what has happened is any commercial (non fly by nighters) pressure washer businesses bring their own water to all their jobs and its now common practice.

#11 ·
I can understand that. Some wells produce nasty sediment and/or have very low flow. Its possible what you may be seeing is a buffer tank. Its still connected to a person's water supply but acts as a filter and reserve. The tank supplies the water but the customer's water is still repleneshing the tank.
Actually its not just what i have been seeing. You guys know more about it than me of course, your in the business. But this past season i had my house pressure washed before i painted it. After several calls i recieved the same info from the pressure washing companies. They all said they bring their own water and dont need a hookup. Maybe its a new marketing thing here? I dont know but they do bring their own water.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.