1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What is the oldest mower you use?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JCLawn and more, May 11, 2010.

1. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

Mine is a 94 6215 woods with a kubota diesel with 1200 hours on it. Its my main machine.
  2. poncho62

poncho62 LawnSite Member

1970 MF10 garden tractor.......Also have a 70s National reel mower...84" cut....Its fun, not very dependable though.
  3. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

i dont know what year it is but it one of the first mowers mowers scag came out with. everything is new on it. its my back up and it works great. it was my first mower when i started out.
  4. mowisme

mowisme LawnSite Senior Member

same as above..ealy scag..SW36- use all the time. Rock solid.
  5. Hoss27

Hoss27 LawnSite Member

An old 21" snapper with a 2-stroke Robin. Still runs and cuts like a champ, not sure how old it really is but I like it. :D
  6. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

Just found the original receipt for my oldest mower. Its a 1995 JD 14sz 21" mower. I always thought it was a 1990, but hey, its now 5 years newer than I thought. The thing still runs like a champ.
  7. AOD

AOD LawnSite Senior Member

Similar to this one, but a four stroke Robin. Mine is an '83, it cuts and bags like a champ, the drive system is rock solid, only problem is it's HEAVY! They used real metal in those things!

I also have an older Sears garden tractor with an opposed twin briggs, probably 70's vintage. It's not used for mowing, but I use it for grading and if I needed to pull a roller or aerator or something that might not be good for a hydro.
  8. AOD

AOD LawnSite Senior Member

hey brad, is that one of those that has "John Deere" spelled out in big aluminum letters on the front of the deck? I always thought those mowers were cool looking.
  9. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

01 bobcat 48 belt drive. Has a rebuilt engine. I bought it when I started my business brand new. Its pretty much a backup now but still cuts great. One crew was using it for dethatching this spring.
  10. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

This world is way too small. First we both have/had Dixies. Now we both had JP push mowers???? I had a 1994 JD 14PZ.

The oldest mower that I own is my 2003 Dixie Chopper. I cleared out all of my old junk last year including a 1940's era push mower powered by a 1.5 HP Clinton engine. My newest is a Craftsman 21 inch powered by a Honda. I picked it up last year. Nice mower.