What is the point in this?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by betterlawnsandlandscaping, Jul 13, 2010.

1. betterlawnsandlandscaping

betterlawnsandlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I have 3 customers that are always sitting at home when I mow and they don't want to pay me while im there but will drop a check in the mail on that same day. It seems like that would be more complicated than just paying me at the time of service and I know they are home because they will come outside when im there and wave at me. I should ask them, but they are paying me on time so i guess I will leave it alone. Just curious if anyone else has this type of issue. :hammerhead:

2. socallawndude

socallawndude LawnSite Member

I have a few customers that are the same way...no idea why, other than maybe they are just illogical folks :D

3. betterlawnsandlandscaping

I ask one of them yesterday if she would rather save her stamp and give me a check while im here and she said "Thanks but i will drop it in the mail today like i normally do". I was laughing inside when she said that.:laugh:

4. TennisBum

TennisBum LawnSite Member

They're showing their support for the postal service.

5. betterlawnsandlandscaping

:laugh:Lmao

6. clean_cut

clean_cut LawnSite Bronze Member

Hahahahah!

You should convince them that the 50 cents will add up over the years... 12 months a year, 50 cents a stamp is $6 a year! In 6-7 years they could have a free mowing! :laugh:

7. JFGauvreau

JFGauvreau LawnSite Bronze Member

That's really odd but at least they are paying you on time lol

8. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

That was one reason I switched everybody over to monthly billing. :laugh:

9. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

They probably live on a fixed income or week to week and need to wait until certain times of the month to cover the check????

10. betterlawnsandlandscaping

Could be the deal, but I mow same day every week. Early in the week for these three. They are good people, just stuck in their ways I guess