what is the rate per acre for q4 ?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Green Side Lawn Care, Jul 29, 2007.

1. Green Side Lawn Care

Green Side Lawn Care LawnSite Member

what is the rate per acre for q4?
  2. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

I can barely afford to use that stuff for spot-treating. That would be an expensive blanket app, if you're planning to use it for that.

Here's a link to the specimen label. That will tell you everything you need to know. http://www.pbigordon.com/pdfs/Q4-SL.pdf
  3. tremor

tremor LawnSite Bronze Member

7-8 pts/acre. Between the cost/acre & the smell I don't see Q4 gaining a lot of ground.
  4. grassmanak

grassmanak LawnSite Senior Member

i just started using it this past month for spotting and i really dont care for it myself. I think ill stick with prosecuter pro
  5. magland

magland LawnSite Member

1 gal covers about an acre. 2.6-3.0 oz per 1000 sq ft, so 42,666-49,230 sq ft per gal. If you think about the price of three-way, sedgehammer, and drive all added together, Q-4 looks pretty good and you only have to spray once! It is good for spot spraying, but I wouldn't want to blanket spray it.
  6. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

You surely don't use a non-selective like Prosecutor to spot treat do you?
  7. Green Side Lawn Care

Green Side Lawn Care LawnSite Member

i used q4 on fox tail 5 days ago and it did not even kill it. all it did was dis color the leafs. what is the best thing for fox tail?
  8. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Five days and you want it dead?

You sound like my customers!

I have not used Q4 yet...but maybe it takes a little longer then five days to die. If you are seeing the leaves discolor then maybe it is on its way out.

I have not looked at the chemistry of the Q, but it usually takes 7-10 days (under good growing conditions) for most products to work.
  9. magland

magland LawnSite Member

The best thing for foxtail is drive or Q-4. Both have quinclorac which takes out crabgrass and foxtail. Q-4 also has sulfentrazone for nutsedge, 2-4, D and Dicamba. Q-4 works well, but make sure you apply a gal of spray per 1000 sq ft.
  10. upidstay

upidstay LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

I see alot of people using it. Everybody said last year that they'd never pay that much for herbicide, and now places can't keep it in stock, it's flying off of the shelves. Haven't tried it yet myself. Going to try it on some crabgrass, a little yellow nutsedge, and assorted broadleafs. Should spray end of the week, soon as it cools off a little here. I know it water based, so it shouldn't volatize, but I'm old school. Anything over 85 degrees, the only chemical I apply is water.