What is there not to like about a 4 in 1?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Squizzy246B, Jan 27, 2006.

1. Squizzy246B

Squizzy246B LawnSite Senior Member

Just a few pic's of the 4 in 1 in action. People often seem to ask questions about them. The No 1 must have for a skid. JMHO.

Rock1 043.jpg

2. Squizzy246B

A little more weight than Mr Cat recommends probably

Rock2 042.jpg

3. Squizzy246B

And one for the tree huggers

Tree 049.jpg

4. MarcusLndscp

MarcusLndscp LawnSite Senior Member

Why the street slicks for tires Squizzy? Just curious

5. Squizzy246B

Sand old son..Sand..everywhere...the whole state is made of it!

6. MarcusLndscp

So the benefits of the less aggressive tire are.........

7. Squizzy246B

You pad down and don't dig a grave for yourself....go have a look at what a dune buggy is running....well thats the theory anyway.....but...it could be that these tyres were really cheap too!payup

8. MarcusLndscp

I see I see. I'm not sure if I'll be seeing a dune buggy anytime in the near future but I get the point. We actually use to put studded snow tires on our skids in the winter because we were never running them on flat ground. A standard winter tire had much better traction than an aggressive skid tire.

9. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

A 4 in 1 is a must for a backhoe too it does take some skill to use it at the start as with a backhoe you really can't see much over the hood.

When I was running hoe I used the 4 in 1 alot of picking up rocks etc when I was loading old appliances into dumpsters the 4 in 1 worked good.

A 4 in 1 bucket is like having a hydraulic thumb on a excavator it should be standard equipment.

10. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Don't know how we could get by without a 4 in 1. We opted for ours within a week of buying the machine, definately a must have.