1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

What is this attachment called?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by aschrades, Mar 26, 2011.

1. aschrades

aschrades LawnSite Member

Hello - What is the attachment in the picture below called? This would come in handy for some outcropping work I'm doing. Any idea where I could purchase one or something similar would be great. (sorry, the picture is large and I'm not sure how to resize)

Thanks!

-Adam

[​IMG]

2. dozerman21

dozerman21 LawnSite Bronze Member

3. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Forks for cranes in a nutshell.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Shadetree Ltd

Shadetree Ltd LawnSite Senior Member

no idea what that one is but we bought a "rock jaw", works well

DSCF6754 (800x600).jpg

DSCF6757 (800x600).jpg

5. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

The picture shows the tool that comes with that specific out-cropping stone. Basically there is no forks, just a hook's to a loop in the stone.

My supplier has that attachment for a small rental fee if you buy that stone and need it for an install.

Off the top of my head I think the company is Paveloc, maybe Halquist but I'm not for sure. That tool is specifically designed for that cultured outcropping.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2011
  6. kgserv

kgserv LawnSite Member

in the top pic. is that a manufactured stone? it looks like it has alignment pegs on the bottom. any one know?

7. White Gardens

Yes, it is cultured or manufactured stone. My supplier carries it, but can't remember the name.

Those are pegs on the bottom and there is a re-bar type loop in the center. There are caps for the stone also, so you have a smooth top when done.

Pretty neat stuff. I hope I have the chance to use it someday. It doesn't look too far off from natural too, and wayyyyyy easier to install.

8. kgserv

kgserv LawnSite Member

can you check on the dealer supplier w.g? id like to see if its availabe in my area it looks sharp

9. White Gardens

Ya, I need to call them tomorrow, I'll find out for you then.