What is this demo unit worth?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Lawnworks, Feb 11, 2006.

1. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I am considering buying a demo 2005 Super Z 60/27 w/ 90 hours from my dealer. What is a fair price?

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Hard to say without seeing the condition of the unit, assuming it is in good shape I would think around $7,000.00 to $7,500.00

Pj

3. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

It is in good shape, just needs to be washed. My dealer wants 8k. At first they said 7200, but now he is saying that 7200 is below cost. I think 7200 out the door is the right price.

4. Gautreaux's LNG

Gautreaux's LNG LawnSite Senior Member

I think it worth a bit more than $7200.00. If he says $7500.00 JUMP ON IT, but 7500-7900 would be a fair price.

We keep the same unit as a demo and sell is for 7900 each season. The guys fight over it. We put a sign out front, "DEMO SALE" and they sell FAST!!

Good luck!!

5. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

I bought the exact same mower last summer for $7800.00 brand new so you can use your own judgement about how much the mower is worth to you.

6. CutApproved

CutApproved LawnSite Member
    from NJ

I think it all depends on the dealer (how many units they sell) If they sell 200 units a year then you would get it cheaper.

I'm not 100% sure but I can double check , but my dealer has a demo with 10hrs and I think he told me $7600
    If you want pm me and I'll call the dealer...

By the way Where are you in USA ???????????