What is this ford f550 worth?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by treecare, Aug 14, 2012.

1. treecare

treecare LawnSite Member
    from denver

I am looking at a 2003 FORD F550XL Super Duty Flat Bed Tire Truck, 17' x 8' Bed, Automatic, Power Stroke V8 Diesel Engine, Duals, With Lift Gate.

It has 83k has 6.0 in runs good.great shape.

Can anyone tell me what they are worth from a private party??

2. dieselss

dieselss LawnSite Bronze Member

Well unless your a good 6.0 mechanic,,,or know one,,,or have alotta coin to throw into it....I would walk
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. norsky

norsky LawnSite Member
    from MN

the 6.0 has had problems. ask several diesel mechanics. good luck

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

I dunno, whats the price of scrap now a days???
  5. slowleak1

slowleak1 LawnSite Senior Member

Don't listen to all that non-sense^^^

6.0's are just as reliable as a duramax or cummins if you take care of them.

I would put the value at $11kish area. What is the asking price?
  6. mjstef

mjstef LawnSite Member

It's not IF the 6.0 will lay down on you its WHEN. That one is about ready for injectors and has likely had at least an EGR cooler and HPOP. My brother left here a few weeks ago with his 04 6.0 headed for Florida. He had and injector replace the week before. Got 70 miles down the road and lost another. Had the other 7 replaced at a cost of $2700. Truck has 97,000 and had been BABIED it's whole life. Here's something for you to do. Book a 03 7.3 and an 03 6.0 on KBB. The 6.0 CONSISTENTLY books for $2500 - $3000 less EVERY TIME!
  7. slowleak1

slowleak1 LawnSite Senior Member

I have had 2 6.0's both with over 150k on them with no problems at all. And $2700 for injectors:hammerhead:? Holy shiz. I can swap injectors by myelf in 4 hours. EGR 3 hours.
  8. mjstef

mjstef LawnSite Member

You must have got the only 2 good ones. I know of NOBODY with an 03 or 04 that has been problem free, My 03 had over $12,000 in warranty work. As far as injectors in 4 hours i call BS. MAYBE the drivers side bank in four hours but not both sides. One of my good friends was the 1st PSD tech in the state of Montana in 1994 and is DAMN good working on them. Takes him 6 hours to swap out a set. Also 6.0 Injectors are $230-$250 each to buy them VS $130 each for my 95 7.3.....
  9. norsky

norsky LawnSite Member
    from MN

totally agree.....just ask QUALIFIED diesel mechanics about the 6.0.
  10. devinraptor

devinraptor LawnSite Member

6.0 sucks my truck was taken care of exactly how its supposed to be. Heads just went out 112 thousand miles
    Posted via Mobile Device