What is this Hustler worth

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by zero_turn_mowers, Mar 17, 2004.

1. zero_turn_mowers

zero_turn_mowers LawnSite Senior Member

A dealer called me today and said he had a Hustler 25hp Kawasaki Engine 72' with less than 50 hours on it, he wanted me to come look at, he didnt say what they wanted for this mower so I am asking some of you what is it worth.

Thanks Tim

2. flyboy

flyboy LawnSite Member

/Is it new? Is it a Super Z or a regular Hustler? If it's a Super Z 7995.00 A Regular Hustler, 7,200.00 He gets a rebate check from Hustler, so he's going to make some money at those prices that I gave you.

Flyboy

3. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

25 seems almost underpowered for a 72, IMO. I run a 60/25 Kawi V-twin (with a mulch kit) and it performs well, but I wouldn't want any less hp/blade ratio. i know this doesn't answer your question, but is something to consider when you are making a deal.

4. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Tim, I would not go near that machine, as a 25hp engine is underpowered for a 72" deck. It may work in light mowing, but anything thick will bog down the engine. My Kubota 28hp diesel is just right for a 72" deck. Also, some of the 32hp,(or thereabouts) gas engines should work good also. But, forget 25hp on a 72".:(

5. zero_turn_mowers

zero_turn_mowers LawnSite Senior Member

Well I found out the deal on the Hustler, it is a Super Z model and a home owner has it and wants to sell it so the dealer is trying to help him out, the homeowner did say it was to much deck for the 25hp engine that is why he wants out of it, Price wise.......here we go......first I was told $6000.00 but come to find out the guy bought is on a 0% down 0% interest for 6 months....well the 6 months are up and he owes close to $8000.00, that for everyones opinion on this.

Tim

6. sawman65

sawman65 LawnSite Senior Member

i sell hustler mowers but you could get a new one for 9999.00 with a 27hp kohler with warranty 25 is just not enough hp
    john

7. Ohio_Man

Ohio_Man LawnSite Member

I bought my Hustler Super Z 72" at the end of the year for $6700,00.
    Mike

8. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

I agree that 25hp isn't enough power for a machine with that deck size.