What is this sprayer worth?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by KrayzKajun, Jan 4, 2013.

1. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Found a golf course selling off equipment. Guy said the sprayer works, no leaks etc. just needs to be cleaned up. Its 100gal on a trailer. Here is a pic. Looking for a sprayer to pull behind a 4wheeler for spraying around utility poles etc on a bushhogging contract i have. [​IMG]
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. ToddH

ToddH LawnSite Silver Member

3. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

$300 if he let's it go for that it will a great deal.:weightlifter:

4. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

I kinda made a deal with him just now for $400. For this sprayer and 250gal diesel tank. Road trip time.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Sweet deal. Paint is a bit faded probably due to some outside storage. You need some Lesco Green. Does it run? Start it up and see if it holds good pressure--run it up to above what you plan to use to see if any leaks. You should be able to get about 3.5 to 4 gals per minute. It probably needs new diaphragms, if only to be sure and give you a clean start. Check for gear oil in speed reducer.
    You can remove the wheels and put it on a truck. You can turn the reel for curbside use and add an electric reel motor.
    For best results, add a cover over the motor to protect it from liquid dripping off the hose. Just make sure you are still able to fill the gas tank.

Clean the tank and filter thoroughly. I wouldn't spray slowers with it until you are sure it is clean.