What is this strap?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tharrell, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

I've been on here for years and seen this thing advertised but for the life of me I can't remember what it's called. Yesterday I stopped and talked with another LCO who was putting his big Scag back on the trailer and he strapped his left wheel down in a snap.
    Slicker than elephant snot!
    I'm gonna have to get some of those. It's like a tie down but it wraps around the tire and I think it use a cam buckle.
    What is this thing called? Tony

2. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

it is called fastraps. we use them and they are the only way to go, fanastic idea. get you some!!

3. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

4. MOturkey

MOturkey LawnSite Silver Member

I actually have 3 sets on my trailer, two for the Gravelys and one set for the Walker. I ordered my last set from Sportman's Guide. Competitive price and had them at my door in 3 days.

5. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

Not to turn this thread into a debate about these fast straps, but...

If you you your trailer for more than just hauling mowers or if you might not have the mowers in the same spot everytime, what do you do? It seems pointless to have to undrill the straps when you are hauling different mowers or mowers that aren't in the same place on the trailer all the time (like when you fill the trailer with leaves in the fall and then put the mower back on).

They look like a good system to strap down your mowers if you have them in the same spot everytime and you have the same mower(s) everytime.

6. TomberLawn

TomberLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I just put 2 more Fastraps on my trailer Friday afternoon. I had one set holding my walk behind in place and ordered 2 more for my zero turn. The brackets are low enough that they aren't in the way when hauling other stuff. You do have to plan out the best layout before installing them, but since I keep my mowers in the same position all the time, it works great. I also checked to see if my Husqvarna HUV utility vehicle would be able to use them where they are and it fits great. So, a little bit of planning is usually all you need to get the most out of Fastraps. I really love mine.

7. LouisianaLawnboy

LouisianaLawnboy LawnSite Silver Member

I use 2x4.

8. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I've been using them for just about a year now. I like them.

9. N.TX

N.TX LawnSite Senior Member
    from TEXAS

2 by 4 works like a champ as long as you have a back gate to ensure saftey

10. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

Thanks fellas, I drank a cup of coffee and it came to me!
    I would assume motorcycle shops carry this also. Where's the best price?