What is this trailer Worth????

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by ambersLawnmowing, Feb 28, 2009.

1. ambersLawnmowing

ambersLawnmowing LawnSite Senior Member

O.K need a quick answer, I am looking for a trailer to start a second crew. A guy contacted me with a 7x12 enclosed trailer. He hasnt given me much info on it but it is a titled 2008 trailer. It is 7 foot inside and 7 feet wide and 12 feet long. Fold down rear door and side door swings. He said he pulled it less then 10 times. His asking price has me worried because it seems low to me. I havent looked at too many enclosed so i dont know the price of those, but i cant find a new open trailer for what he is asking...

His asking price is $900 and he is 300 miles away from me but willing to meet half way for free or i drive the entire way and he buys half my gas... he is the only pic i have so far.. please help me out..dont want to pass up a nice deal if it is...
    [​IMG]

2. turftech2004

turftech2004 LawnSite Member

it seems very cheap for a 2008 make sure its not a scam!

3. ambersLawnmowing

Thats what i thought at first also. but like i stated i have never had interest in an enclosed trailer. But for this price i cant go wrong. plus if he meets me half way or all the way. i am not sending money, until i get the trailer.

4. ambersLawnmowing

He now said he measured it and it is only a 6x12

5. AdvancedLawns

AdvancedLawns LawnSite Member

thats right, they dont come in 7x12..Where did you see it? Craigslist? Ask him for a phone number and a serial number to check to see if it is stolen

6. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

That looks nice...

I would buy that in a heartbeat.

7. Lakewlc

Lakewlc LawnSite Bronze Member

yeah, almost to nice for the price

8. ambersLawnmowing

So if i get the serial number do i just call the cop shop to find out if it is stolen? He said he has the title in hand?

9. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

that looks like a carry on. They sell for 3k new.

10. AdvancedLawns

AdvancedLawns LawnSite Member

well i think there is a website or you can call your local sheriffs office