What is this weed?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Sweet Tater, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

This is currently the only weed in my Burmuda lawn. 24d won't kill it. The only thing I can find so far to kill it is round up and the crap still comes back. what is it and how can I gt rid of it? please please please.

MVC-901F.jpg

MVC-900F.jpg

2. scotlykins

scotlykins LawnSite Member

Apply MSMA and it will be gone. :dancing:

3. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Crabgrass...scotlykins is correct, MSMA will kill it dead...or a paintbrush/sponge with RU. I used some MSMA and had good luck, watch the application or you will get some yellowing...you may get yellowing anyway (I did in spots).

4. fastcat

fastcat LawnSite Senior Member

dallas grass maybe. goose grass. maybe even tall fescue weed.

5. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

Thanks guys

6. Chilehead

Chilehead LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Stockbridge, GA

The weed is dallisgrass--for sure. MSMA is the way to go, and a product with quinclorac will probably do the trick to, but have not read the label for that.

7. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

Classic crab grass. Get it before it goes to seed and makes gazillions of babies...

8. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

I think bermuda is a weed.. lol

anyway.. that does not look like crabgrass, dallas (dallis) or goose. It does look somewhat like a tall fescue (K31). Do you have foxtail in your region? Looks similar..

9. wheels910

wheels910 LawnSite Member

actually, anything can be a weed. if you don't want st.augustine growing in your bermuda lawn, then st.aug is a weed.

good luck. catch em before seed releases

10. Doster's L & L

Doster's L & L LawnSite Senior Member

Undoubtedly, it is dallisgrass. Be ready to retreat it in 10 -14 days after the initial spray. And then retreat the retreat and then again and again. And then be ready to spray it again next year. But yeah, MSMA and sticker spreader will eventually take care of it.