What is this weed....

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by milike, Aug 8, 2009.

1. milike

milike LawnSite Member
    from MI

What is this weed?

I am finding it in teh lawn and flower beds...some type of clover that is very resistant. *trucewhiteflag*

Help with identifying it.

weeds_3.jpg

weeds_2.jpg

weeds_21.jpg

weeds_31.jpg

2. kirk1701

kirk1701 LawnSite Gold Member

3. Blood Bought

Blood Bought LawnSite Member

Creeping Wood Sorrel

4. milike

milike LawnSite Member
    from MI

thanks

that's it!!

now for the attack:hammerhead:

5. Think Green

Think Green LawnSite Silver Member

Woodsorrel it is----------and customers will go to nurseries and buy this weed and plant it in their gardens. Then pay someone to remove it later. LOL!! Just kidding!- this weed is beautiful in the right place, and once it spreads to other areas, it is a pain in the neck.
    It does spread though!!!!!
    We are having a severe outbreak of Green Kyllinga here.........it is taking over like crazy.
    Stinks to high heaven's when you mow it. Similar to nutsedge but a clumping form of weed.

6. lawnguy26

lawnguy26 LawnSite Member
    from Florida

Yellow woodsorrel....it's tough to kill because of it's waxy coating liquid herbicides have a tendency to bead up and fall right off of it. Make sure you use a good surfactant or sticker.

7. Blood Bought

Blood Bought LawnSite Member

What's the best way to control Green Kyllinga in cool season grass. Sedge Hammer only suppresses.

8. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

Dismiss. Sedgehammer is virtually useless against Kyllinga species. I know this from years of experience. I use Certainty, but I only treat warm season grasses and Dismiss is illegal here. Do not use Certainty in cool season grasses unless it is or your goal is to convert to 100% KBG.