What is this worth?

Discussion in 'Seal Coating Forum' started by streetscrapin16, Jul 24, 2012.

1. streetscrapin16

streetscrapin16 LawnSite Senior Member

I am looking at getting into the seal coating business. I recently found a setup. I went to check it out and it looks decent needs a little work over the winter to be ready for the season. But it is a Seal Master 300 gallon tank. It has the hydraulic agitation. It has a vtwin motor on the compressor may need rebuild soon smokes a little. The pump needs to be rebuilt also. It comes with the tar pot. It has a 200x (i forget the year) Ringo 14ft. landscape trailer. I was just wondering what you guys would pay for this setup. It comes with everything to start. All the tools, hoses.

sealer.jpg

sealer 1.jpg

sealer 2.jpg

2. SHAWZER

SHAWZER LawnSite Member

Need more info.. year of sprayer? What does inside of the tank look like? Clean? Has the machine sat for awhile not being used? Depends on what "tools" come with it. Does trailer need anything? Tires,brakes? Would make it easier if you tell me the asking price.:canadaflag::drinkup:

3. streetscrapin16

It is an early 2000's. The tank needs to be cleaned a little. It has sat for a year and hasn't been used this year. The trailer is in great condition. He just told me it comes with everything to start sealcoating tomorrow. I didn't get a chance to look at all the tools.

4. viper881

viper881 LawnSite Member

still no price to tell you if he is high or low

5. streetscrapin16

he wants $4000

6. SHAWZER

SHAWZER LawnSite Member

Now keep in mind i am only going by 3 pictures,price out what it is going to cost to rebuild pump and motor and anything else you see,price might surprize you| My opinion $4,000.00 is too high for what i am seeing. Unless the machine is exactly what you want, I would look around for one in better shape.:canadaflag::drinkup:

7. sealcutter

sealcutter LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA.

Agitator hydraulics runs off the compressor, I don't see the compressor mounted on the unit only the motor. Pump looks like 1 3/4" or bigger, has a kettle on it. If the trailer is in great shape and he can get that to run and spray for you I would offer $3800 no problem. Oh and gates are still on the trailer, I did one afew years back and sold the gates of the rear for $350. If I didn't have so much invested in my rigs I would be all over that.

8. streetscrapin16

He will get it to run and spray before i buy it. Any rebuilding pumps in cheap my dad owns a hydraulic business.

9. sealcutter

sealcutter LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA.

Sounds good, that thing has a decent brush box too, that box new $300. I was a the auction this morning and bought a 500 gal. tach spray trailer. It runs has a gear pump and hydro agitator pretty good shape tires are good, I payed less that $500.

10. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Silver Member

Broom box should be on passanger side , so you arent dripping sealer , compressors are expensive to replace , air diaphram pumps can be rebuilt but can be expensive to replace , the gates are useless on the back . the crack sealer has minimal value . If he is asking 4 grand , i would offer maybe 2500 to start , if it works . Where is the compressor , all I see is a tank and engine , you cant spray without a compressor . there is a reason he is selling .