What is this?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by lawnboy, Aug 4, 2005.

1. lawnboy

lawnboy LawnSite Senior Member

What is this, and how do i get rid of it? Looks like an annual bluegrass to me.

2. arborist-28

arborist-28 LawnSite Member

post a link ...

3. lawnboy

how do i make a link?

4. lawnboy

Ok i think i got it. let me know what u think.

133D17B784-6494-43E7-9D0D363DC9CBDC03.JPG

5. Where is this lawn, perhaps we can meet there and I can take a look at it. I operate out of warren.

6. lawnboy

I'm on the other side of the state, South Haven. It looks like the grass tips are shreded. Every time the lawn is mowed it does this, but only to certain clumps of grass. It almost looks like a fountain ornimental grass growing in the lawn. Anyone ever delt with this?

7. SHOWCASE LAWNS LLC

SHOWCASE LAWNS LLC LawnSite Member

I Amy Be Wrong But It Looks Like Dull Mower Blades Shredding A Clump Of Turf Type Tall Fescue. Hard To Tell From The Pics.........the Pic Isnt Very Clear On The Computer

8. If the tips are shredded then the first thing you should check is the mower blades.

Are you mowing this lawn?

9. NattyLawn

NattyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I had this happen to me on a lawn this season...It looks like the mower is shredding the poa trivialis, but I could be wrong about the poa....

10. lawnboy

Ok i know that the mower blades shred it, dull or sharp, but here is the thing. There are only a few areas in the lawn that do this, like a different type of grass. It is spreading!! What my question is how do i get rid of it. Round up is out of the question. Would Sahara work? This is the only lawn that we mow that has this, and we mow over 300 lawns.