What Is This ?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Fl_Gulfer, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Fl_Gulfer

Fl_Gulfer LawnSite Member

It's taking over my lawn. I'm on the gulf coast in the panhandle of Fl. This stuff showed up about 2 months ago. Thanks

[​IMG]

2. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

My guess is either Mouse-ear Chickweed.....or......Prostrate Knotweed....hard to tell from the pic.

3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

4. Fl_Gulfer

Thanks Guys it was the Mouse-ear Chickweed Thanks for the website so I could confirm what Grits said. Now I can tell my yard spraying company. The guy said it was too hot to spray the yard for weeds. And wasn't even sure what it was anyway. I guess I'll have to cut my sprinkler system down from everynight watering.:clapping:

5. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

Chickweed is a cool season weed. How is that growing down there now? I think your wrong on the ID. Does it make white flowers?

6. Grits

from Florida

It can and does grow here too.

7. Grits

from Florida

I see what you are saying. Doh! Maybe it isn't, especially since it started showing up 2 months ago.

Get a better pic. Get one REALLY close up and one far away to see how it is taking over.

8. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

Thats a great Site. Thanks Topsite

9. Fl_Gulfer

I'll pull some out and lay it on a white sheet of paper and take a few shots tomorrow. some has white flowers and some don't I think I have 2 different weeds.

10. Fl_Gulfer