What is TruGreen?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by the point man, Aug 23, 2001.

1. the point man

the point man LawnSite Member

Hi Guys....So many peopleon these boards mention TruGreen,
    and I feel like an idiot, but I have to ask....

2. TruGreen is a fert company. BIG fert company. They do other stuff too, but that is mostly what they are known for- lawn treatments.

3. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

trugreen chemlawn is a commercial lawn steroid company

4. dhicks

dhicks Member

Vipermanz could not have said it better.

5. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

I really love how everyone pokes fun at TruGreen. While some of their work is shoddy, some isnt too bad. I sure would love to be the one who cashed in on that IPO.

6. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

There landscape division does nice work! There chemical division does 100% shotty work!

7. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

TruGreen ChemLawn is the largest lawn and landscape care company in the world. Headquartered in Memphis, Tennessee, they serve 3.5 million residential and commercial customers with lawn care, tree and shrub care, landscaping, consumer products, and International services.

Their parent company, ServiceMaster, is a fortune 500 company with 29 consecutive years of growth in revenue and profits. TruGreen ChemLawn is a partner in the ServiceMaster Quality Service Network, which consists of 8 national and international companies: Terminix, Merry Maids, American Home Shield, American Residential Services, AmeriSpec, Furniture Medic, Rescue Rooter, ServiceMaster Clean, and TruGreen ChemLawn.

Hope this answers your question. ;)
    Kris

8. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

Kutnkru, you work for TruGreen?

9. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Nope. Thats what it says they are on their website. I edited it so it doesnt make me sound like part of the problem -LOL!

Kris

10. MATTHEW

MATTHEW LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE OHIO

They are made up of: 90% marketing sharks
    10% lawn tech's
    They are basically a marketing company who found an untapped market (in the 70's it was lawncare) They started out great but declined in the following years. Now they are bloodsucking vultures who would devour any plaid-suited used car salesman. They are well fortified with superfast "smart computers" that will seek-and-find any homeowner in an area who is not a host. Their first objective is to seek out the weak and wounded. Some young couple who just bought their first house and doesn't have a clue. A little old lady with alzheimers who's lawn will "surely die" if it doesn't get 7 apps of crap. And when they call... don't think your'e
    going to say "not interested". You'll just get put back on the computers call list. They will call-and call- and call until you break down into convulsions and say the majic words "OK" But, it's not over yet, no no. They will continue to call. every week. offering some new app. that you need RIGHT NOW. If you say no- they call the next night. You have to buy. You must buy. There is no way out. Well, I guess there is ONE way. You have to DIE. But I don't want to DIE!!! I want to live! I wan't to live!!!!!!!Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa:cry: